1. Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
3. Bolt and weld parts, using arc, gas, or submerged arc welding equipment.
4. Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
5. Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using
6. Assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace
shells, and building/bridge parts.
7. The ability to work overtime and regular, punctual attendance
8. Perform non-essential duties as needed
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience in Mig and Arc welding; TIG welding is a plus.
2. Ability to read and comprehend structural drawings.
3. Experience in a manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently. Must be able to climb up on and balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairs and structural steel to heights in excess of 300 feet. Must have
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities